Hi everyone this is my beginning journey to growing longer hair.Â Â I have very thin hair and its also very fine with a recedeing hair line.Â Â This will be a challenge for me that I need to take.
Today is Sunday, October 27, 2013 which will be my start date.Â Â I plan to check the progress after 2 months and then again afterÂ 6 months.
Here goes what IÂ AM DOING:
1. Wash my hairÂ ONCE a WEEKÂ with Olive Oil moisturizing shampoo.
2. Deep condition my hair with Olive Oil Deep conditioner ONCE a WEEK.
* Every 6 to 8 weeks I am doing a PROTEIN CONDITIONERÂ made of : 1 egg, olive oil, mayonnaise and honey mix well and apply to hair in four sections, Â comb through hairÂ carefullyÂ then place aÂ plastic cap on your head andÂ leave on for at least 1 hour, rinse well with coolÂ NOTÂ HOT water Â then shampoo and condition.
3. After washing and conditioning my hair I apply CrÃ¨me of Nature ARGAN OIL from MOROCCO STRENGTH & SHINE LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER
4. I air dry my hair when time allows if not I blow dry on low setting and use Olive Oil Organic R/S Root Stimulator Heat Protector Serum.
5. I FLAT IRON my hair and always monitor the heat setting to prevent burning or scorching my hair.
6. Each night I use African pride Olive Miracle Moisturizer Lotion focusing on my hair line, ends and nape, and wrap my hair with a silk scarf.Â Â This prevent breakage fromÂ my hair rubbing against my pillow at night.
7. I also use AVON’s MOROCCOAN ARGAN OIL LEAVE-IN TREATMENT as my oil preference which I MASSAGEÂ my hair and scalp gently to wake up the blood flow.
For my thin sides I PURCHASED Blue Magic OrganicsÂ SUPER SURE GRO it has Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, and Japanese Green Tea Leaves in it- But also (Petroleum) which I don’t really care for so WE WILL PLAY THIS ONE BY SIGHT!!
As my hair dress I use Softee Signature African Shea Butter hair and scalpÂ conditioner (TRULY LOVE IT!)
Right now WIGS R my FRIEND mostly when I LEAVE HOME.Â As you may notice that my hair does have length but not the front nape and around the sides it like someone put a bowl on my head and shave my head in a circular pattern.